Monday, February 21, 2011

More Retarded Ignition Interlock and MVD drama

So I still have this incredibly intrusive and crippling device stuck in my sleek car impairing my driving. Not only is it difficult to get right as far as blowing into it to have it work properly, but it does malfunction on a daily basis and I AM BLAMED FOR IT! I received a letter from the MVD stating that due to reported tampering or missed re-test on my part they were extending the installation for yet ANOTTHER YEAR!!! I missed a re-test one day on my way to an appointment when the thing started going haywire. It wouldn't let me blow into it, it kept returning an "abrt" code on the primitive display immediately then some weird nonsensical characters and it kept beeping. I managed to pull off the freeway (yes, gentle readers, I was driving on the freeway). I called the 800 help line in a panicked frenzy and the dolt on the other end couldn't help me at all. She just told me to go to my appointment and call back when I was done and they would help me start my car if it didn't work. But then the 5 minute period I had to do the retest was over and it knocked my violation grace period from 6 to 5. After the appointment the thing seemed to have reset itself and was okay. I immediately took it to the service place and had them look at it. I guess they hooked it up to whatever it is they hook it up to and it sends data to the MVD. the MVD sees that it looked tampered with and therefore shoots out in a very cavalier way they I have to continue to use the fucking thing for an extended year!
Needless to say, I will take this to the matresses. I am not going to be shackled to this crazy contraption for another year because it malfunctioned. By the way, the name of the service place is Smart Start in Scottsdale. If you have to have one of these stupid things put in, avoid this shyster outfit, they are a rip-off and the girl working there is a total bitch.

1 comment:

  1. I've just read your entire blog and I have to say congratulations on your really great writing style and on how you managed to turn a pretty grim topic into a very interesting and entertaining read!

    I totally agree with your points about how harsh the punishments are and how the legislation and process is filled with illogical and inconsistent steps. But then again I may be biased as I've just been pulled over for a DUI myself last week...If you get this and wouldn't mind to chat sometime with a newbie into the DUI world pls drop me a line at verisch2 at gmail dot com and I'll get in touch.

    ReplyDelete